| Sunday, August 07, 2005 |
| Wild Wild Wet |
I went to WWW last Thursday with Hannie and Sheenie again. This time, I tried everything, even the purple covered slide. I think I like that the most. It's all dark inside, but it's really fun. When I see the light at the end of the tunnel I hold my nose and anticipate the plunge into the pool, which for some reason I really enjoy.
And it's official - I really, really don't like the Slide-Up. It gives me that heart-and-stomach-flying-into-the-air feeling that I really don't like, for some reason. Never mind that it only lasts a few seconds, it's an eternity for me. I just don't like that feeling! It's like torture for me, to put it a little dramatically. Plus I thought the guy on top was quite rude. He kind of pissed me off. For some reason the people in charge of the Slide-Up are not as friendly as the other life guards. So no more Slide-Up for me from now on! > . <
Towards the end only me and Hannah were playing; Sheena was studying! I had conquered a very difficult and long and boring reading in my COM1020 Reader that morning, so I was taking it easy for that day. We were in the Tsunami Pool for quite a long time, and for much of the time we were in it, we were the only two souls in there.
There were these two lifeguards standing on the fake cliffs on both sides of the pool. At one point I was floating on my back in the water, lost in my thoughts, when I realised that the guy on the right was smiling at me. I smiled awkwardly back. After that there were several occazions when our eyes met by accident and he would grin and I, embarrassed, would grin back.
I thought he was kind of cute, and he had very white teeth. : P At some point his colleague started whistling to him across the pool and it seemed like they were talking about me. Hmm? It was a little awkward. I really enjoyed floating around in the pool on my back, but at the same time I was trying to avoid accidentally looking at the lifeguard.
We were in the pool until closing time. As we were walking back to find Sheena the lifeguards crossed our path and the guy who kept grinning at me waved and said bye. I waved back too.
Ok lah, I admit, I guess I did enjoy secretly the attention. =P Maybe some of those glances were not accidents. But it wasn't like I was consciously trying to attract his attention. Besides. If he hadn't been looking in the first place.... |
posted by esther @ 11:40 PM  |
|
|
|