| Friday, December 08, 2006 |
| the soap opera life of my sims |
Before I launch into the main contents of this post, an update of my life-so-far:
Went for Bible Study today with Hannie, her first time since exams ended. The message was a bit hard to grasp today since it was a lot of Hebrew (like last week) but still I was blessed, and found myself thinking, "It is good to be here."
Had compulsory weekend school last Saturday with Dr Max Jory, who reminds me of Jason Gideon, a character on Criminal Minds. It was quite interesting, although a bit disappointing that Max had forgotten a vital piece of equipment for us to do the experiment on sound. But we did some personality tests which were quite interesting :D I think he was rather amused by me and Netty cos' we kept nattering to ourselves while we were adding up our scores. I'm not very good at mental sums and I need to talk to myself when I add ("8 + 7 = ?") and I think I was disturbing Netty so she also started adding out loud. Then she'd be like, "7 + 9...ESther!!" Then I freaked out a bit when I thought I'd torn my paper the wrong way (for one of the tests we had to tear away the sides to get to the results behind), cos' Netty was like, "Why you tear yours like that??" and I went, "HUH then How!" And then Netty had a very high score for the Neurotic trait etc etc. I saw him smiling, haha.
So class was quite fun despite the fact that I was zoning out at the points when Max was droning on and on...
After class we went to Popular to buy Halima's birthday present with the woman herself in tow. We gave her a budget and asked her to choose! Haha...actually we brought her to Kino first but she said what she wanted would be cheaper at Popular. So we walked back to Bras Basah Complex when we had walked past it just a while ago. Anyway, Happy Birthday again Halima! *hugs*
Oh, Joanna (my xiaomei) is back! Although she says she has chicken pox so she can't meet us for the time being...I don't even know how on earth she managed to board the plane and all!
Ok, finally we get to the topic of my Sims. As you know (if you've been following this blog), I've been playing Sims 2. I think it's a really genius concept for a game, one of its kind. And the people behind it have also very brilliantly created a website for gamers to upload their own custom characters, items, houses, even stories of their Sims. And the expansion packs, although expensive, are quite worth it because they add so much more to the game. It's got great replay value too since every family you create can be different in so many ways!
I started off playing some of the pre-loaded characters in one of the pre-loaded neighbourhoods (of which there are three), but along the way I've added my own and they've mingled and become family and friends with many of the preset Sims. It's like every player gets to create a world that is personal and unique to them! I'm very happy with my little neighbourhood! The stories of my Sims are very inter-connected, which is what I'm gonna tell you about now. If you get lost, not my business (hahaha), cos' it's my blog and I shall blog what I want! Hahaha!
I started with the Burb family (preset), consisting of John, his wife Jennifer, and child Lucy. Now, every Sim has a life aspiration that cannot be changed once it enters adulthood. Both John and Lucy had a Family aspiration, while Jen had a Money aspiration. When Lucy grew into a teenager, she started wanting to fall in love, so I made a new family for the express purpose of providing Lucy with a boyfriend (and future husband)!
This was the Scofields (as in Michael Scofield of Prison Break), consisting of Rose and her son Lincoln, and Nathaniel and his son Michael. Rose and Nathan are, at this point, only roomies, soon to be married. I gave all of them Family aspirations except for Linc, whom I gave a Popularity aspiration. Apparently, Rose was the Hilary Duff Sim I'd downloaded from the website but I didn't realise when I chose her actually. It's hard to make Sims that resemble real people, for some reason. And often what looks good in the flesh looks weird/ugly on a Sim!
Nathan was a Wentworth Miller Sim I'd made myself, only I made him black, because I know in real life that Wentworth's parents are of different races. Also, Linc looks nothing like Linc from Prison Break, and Michael is basically the same Wentworth Sim, only with hair. Haha, as you can see, I've taken great creative license with everything.
When a new family moves in, their neighbours soon pop over for a visit. So I put the Scofields right next to the Burbs, but Lucy didn't drop by; only her parents did. I think she was in school or something. I made her ask for a blind date from the matchmaker, though, and guess who literally dropped out of the sky! Michael, of course. So they got attached and blah blah. I've sent them both and Linc to univeristy, though I haven't actually played them in uni yet, cos' the neighbourhood families are still keeping me busy!
Meanwhile, Jen died mysteriously one day after woohoo-ing (that's Simspeak for sex, haha) with John! I was a bit saddened. I wanted to not save the game so I could save her but then in my confusion I must have saved it, cos' when I returned she was already dead. Poor John was distraught. He refused to sleep in the room, even. But I remembered that there was a single mom in the neighbourhood, Brandi Broke (preset), who has three sons (!!) of differing ages. So I engineered their romance and they all moved into Brandi's super big mansion, at which point there were EIGHT people in the house and it was pandemonium - I hadn't sent the teens off to uni yet. John had also adopted a son, Leonid, at at one point (actually I made him do it, haha) so he had three kids of his own as well (Jen popped out one before she died, haha this sounds so crude). After I sent the teens off to college though, there was only two child-aged kids left. And PEACE in the Burb household!
Anyhow, just so you know; Sims have no specific age, but pass through six life phases: Baby, Toddler, Child, Teen, Adult, Elderly. It's seven if you send them off to uni, and they become Young Adults for the duration of their uni years.
I've not played the Burbs for sometime now. I've also sent off the Scofields' teens (Linc and Michael) to uni, so there was only Nathan and Rose left at home. I left them there for a while too.
I'd downloaded a Buffy (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) Sim and a Spike Sim (from the same show) and wanted to play them, so I created the Summers family (Summers is Buffy's family name). It consisted of Buffy and her sister Esther (hahaha, I found a Sim with my current hairstyle), and their roomies Spike, his father Sebastian and his son Christian. I gave Sebastian a Romance aspiration (which should really be called the Woohoo aspiration), and Christian the Popularity aspiration. Everyone else had Family aspirations.
Of course, Buffy and Spike (I modified the Spike Sim's facial features though, since I thought it didn't resemble the real Spike enough) were meant to fall in love right from the start (if you've watched Buffy, you'd know that the two had a brief romantic interlude at one point, though in the show Spike was a vampire!), which they did in due course. Now Esther wanted to fall in love! But something briefly interrupted my plans - the dreaded flu! I'd made the mistake of putting them in a much bigger house than I could manage, and as a consequence was finding it hard to locate important places like bedrooms and toilets. You see, even though I like to play my games with their free will on (you can turn it off if you want but I find it 'cruel' and troublesome, because you have to direct their every move, and also boring because sometimes they do silly and amusing things on their own), sometimes they behave really stupidly and don't go to the toilet or to bed when they need to.
Anyhow, at one point Spike left a bag of trash on the ground (my fault, because I made him do something else when he was dutifully taking out the trash), and as a result everyone fell sick. Usually, when a Sim falls sick, the simplest solution is to make them cuddle on the couch/bed with a loved one. But they all fell sick when they hadn't developed good relationships yet, so I couldn't make them do that. I tried to make them all sit down or lie down somewhere, but they kept getting up and the house was so big I couldn't manage them properly. At one point everything was in chaos; Buffy fell asleep standing because she was so tired; Esther collapsed on the floor beside the computer, Spike plopped facedown into his lunch meat sandwich, and God knows what Sebastian and Christian were doing!
So I moved them to a smaller house and got them all well first. Some of them actually fell sick a few times, because after they got well they went to talk to someone in the house who was sick! Duh. Sims can die from the flu, and there's no medicine or doctors available, even though when they become crazy a therapist appears and makes them well again. Hurhur.
Tragedy struck the Summers' though. Shortly after they moved into the new house, Spike fell dead! And the neighbour could still play and laugh on the swing right after he'd died right beside her. So evil! Anyway, this leaves Buffy without a paramour. So I introduced a new couple into the mix; William and Catherine Jones. Who were never meant to last because while Cat had a Pleasure aspiration, William wanted kids and a family and six grandkids, which only Buffy could give.
William is actually the real name of Spike in the Buffy show, and this Will, according to me, is Spike's twin. Why they have different family names - their parents divored while they were young and one of them (I donno who), the one who stayed with the mother, took on the stepdad's name when she remarried. Haha very farfetched I know....but this is my Simverse and I can do (ALMOST) whatever I want!
Buffy, naturally, fell in love with Will. Meanwhile, Sebastian the horny old man seduced Catherine. He also seduced the ugly old matchmaker, another horny (and married!) old man from the neighbourhood, a young woman he met in the park, as well as a black woman he met somewhere. As you can see, he doesn't distinguish between age, gender, race, or attractiveness. Very politically correct, is our Sebastian. Hohoho. The only thing he was missing was a boytoy but he died before he could do that (or woohoo with ten Sims which was one of his aspirations at that point, now that he'd already done the deed with five). But not before I made him go over to Cat's house and made Will witness him making out with Cat! Hahaha so evil of me...
Naturally, Will went bonkers (which is ironic since he was carrying on an affair with Buffy himself!) and broke up with Cat. He then moved in with Buffy and married her and had his first child with her. At one point he hated Sebastian so much he wanted to "See the ghost of Sebastian"! Yes there're Sim-ghosts too...you'll see them if there's a grave/urn on the site of the house. But they don't come out every night, and by the time Will really saw the ghost of Sebastian, that particular want had abated and he got scared instead. Silly Will!
By the time Sebastian died, actually, Esther had already gotten married to Wentworth Miller (yeah yeah, don't laugh lah!), a bachelor I'd introduced into the neighbourhood. I put him next to the Summers', but for some reason Esther didn't visit him when her sister and Sebastian did! So I made him ask the matchmaker for a blind date, and guess who drops out of the sky...yes Esther! I was utterly amazed when it happened. It's like everything is going my way! This Wentworth is actually (according to me) the brother of Nathan Scofield. They have different family names because their father abandoned them when they were young (as in Prison Break) and Nathan adopted his mom's family name, because he was so mad at his dad. In Prison Break, though, it's Wentworth who gets the mom's name. If you're confused by this...nevermind.
Lalila...this is so long, it's like Days of Our Lives. Anyways, I've moved Nathan and Rose in with Esther and Went, because it's absolutely tiring for only two people to take care of a baby. Always requiring feeding, diaper changes and attention!! I did that with Buffy and Will and Will has actually passed out in front of the baby's crib one night. I was super amused to see that though! You can call a nanny, but since none of my Sims work (thanks to a cheat code xP), the nanny never stays for long. Also, the nanny I hired for Buffy's kid (whom I named Faith; Buffy fans will recognise this name as well! Hehe) kept pulling pranks on poor William. If Sims don't have a good relationship, pulling pranks will cause relationship points to go down and some distress to the prankees, who will start bawling like idiots! In a good relationship, though, pranks actually add relationship points, and are fun to see!
So much for that. To continue (we're almost done), Rose gave birth right after they moved in, and had a girl called Angelina. The Sims' way of giving birth basically consists of the mother standing and yelling in pain, other Sims standing around looking amazed, and then a message appears saying, "Please wait while the storks untangle the knots!" which is kinda weird since all babies are conceived the natural way, but babies are delivered by the storks?? And then a baby drops from the sky into the mother's waiting arms. Hurhur.
[Of course, they never actually show you the whole woohoo-ing process. Everything's covered up and you may see a hand or leg slip out occasionally, as well as fireworks special effects and hear giggling/happy sounds. As in real life, though, Sims can woohoo in a variety of places - the bed, the hot tub, the car, and the photobooth! I don't know how they can do it (and still get pregnant) in the hot tub though.]
Esther is also impregated very soon by Went (well their aspirations showed that they wanted to woohoo with each other). It's easy to get Sims pregnant, as long as both parties' meters are all relatively full. Very fertile lot! Haha...and guess what?? Esther has twins! A boy (David) and a girl (Hope)! Which is such a pleasant surprise. Everything seems to be perfect with Esther and her new husband. Hurhur. Oh, I also made them adopt a child (just so that when it grows into a teen, it can help out with the younger ones) who turned out to be a girl in a fairy costume called Laci. Haha! Anyhow, at one point I was quite annoyed with Esther and Went because they kept playing and flirting with and talking and entertaining and kissing each other, and wouldn't take care of their newborns! So poor Nathan and Rose had to help them feed and comfort David and Hope. Duh. At one point, though, both Nathan, Esther, and Went had "fear of changing diapers"!! So lame. It's passed, though, and also Esther and Went have finally decided to be responsible parents. They both have a lifelong aspiration of "Marrying off six children" though! I think that's, like, nuts.
I'd post pics but I'm really lazy to do that...and anyway this post is already very long! Hope you've enjoyed my Sims as much as I have! If you've managed to get this far, give yourself a pat on your back. You either a) have too much time on your hands, b) are procrastinating when you're supposed to be doing work, or c) am so interested in my life/the lives of my unreal Sims, or d) think I am the most entertaining and interesting writer ever!! Hurhurhur.
Ok good night. |
posted by esther @ 12:06 AM  |
|
| 8 Comments: |
-
i was so excited cos u finally updated your blog.. den i skipped all the sims stuff and realised there's nothing left to read!! haha so i guess i'm option e) so not into computer games :)
-
haha you should read lor! not like it's about technical stuff...it's like a story!
-
Wah.. very long leh! I lost track about half of it... Only reading the Prison break stuff. I've already finished season1~~~ O btw.. your new hairdo is quite funky..
-
haha paiseh i lost track of the length...you got the dvd or you downloaded!!! i also want leh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha anyway thanks...(about the haircut)
-
downloaded but burnt into DVD
-
Lol when you never update you never update, then once you update, its really long. and i am guessing rose is you right ? *winks*
-
no la~~ rose is not me! you didn't read properly meh, there's an esther sim who is married to wentworth miller (the sim). hahaha
-
eh...hehe..paiseh....hehe
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
i was so excited cos u finally updated your blog.. den i skipped all the sims stuff and realised there's nothing left to read!! haha so i guess i'm option e) so not into computer games :)