| Wednesday, October 05, 2005 |
| annoying anonymous comments |
Recently there's been a spate of such comments on my blogs that are really advertisements for that person's own website. I think they followed me from Tommy's blog. Whatever, I'm gonna delete every single one that appears.
It's gonna be busy from now on, what with exams on the 24th and 25th, and Gift of Heaven practices. I was just planning my timetable, and I think if I really work hard for the next 3 weeks, I can finish revising everything, and hopefully get my goal of HDs for both units. I've had to examine myself and ask why I want these HDs, which is rather too personal to post here. But anyway what I'm going to do from now is to keep my eyes on Him everyday and sleep regular hours, eat heathily and just stay healthy. I can't wait for this semester to end! Then I can go shopping. I haven't bought myself anything for a looooong while except for stationery, body wash and stuff like that. Last night, my mom asked me if I wanted to buy new shoes. I was so surprised! I didn't think she'd disapprove of anything if I did, since all my shoes are getting really worn out, but I didn't think she'd suggest buying new ones either. I was planning to wear them until the strap breaks or something.
Yesterday I made a new friend from class! Yay. I was at the train station when I noticed that she was there too, but lost sight of her when she entered the gates. Then when I rushed into my train at the last moment, I realised that she was standing right behind me! Thus ensued an awkward long silence as I avoided her reflection in the train windows and she mine. After a while she turned to face the other direction, when the crowd had cleared. I was relieved, but a little regretful. Here was the oppurtunity to make a new friend and I had let it slip. And after this awkward incident we'll probably never be friends. I was pretty sure she'd recognised me as well, but why didn't she say hi? A little frustration - Why do I always have to be the one to break the ice?
After some time I found a space to stand beside the door, and so did she - just opposite of me! Another awkward long silence as we avoided looking at each other. Then I saw a seat and sat down. I had this funny feeling that she might just sit down next to me, which she did. More awkward silence followed. Then I thought, This is getting to be too much...Oh what the heck, I'm going to say hi to her! So I did, and then we started talking. I think she was waiting for me to say hi all the time. I don't know why I'm always the one to break the ice, but oh well. She was quite chatty after that, which was quite unlike her rather 'ice queen-like' appearance.
So now I have yet another new friend in class, and I'll probably be seeing her for the rest of the course. I'm so glad now that I got over the awkwardness in the end. =)
Oh. I realise I haven't blogged about the change of tutors for COM1020. Oh well. Maybe if I have time. Now, it's lunch time and I'm hungry! |
posted by esther @ 11:46 AM  |
|
|
|
|
|