Friday, August 12, 2005
Finally! finished second draft of the essay. Haha, I must keep reporting on my essay everyday. I just feel such a sense of accomplishment doing it! From being totally lost and confused and anxious to having something done! Got some more questions though, like the finer points of referencing, which is such a pain in the neck (or a** if you like xP)!! I painstakingly copied the references from my Reader (since I'd used the articles inside as references), only to find out from the Style Guide that the style of referencing is totally different. Sheesh!

I also used an article by this guy called Paul S.N. Lee. According to the Style Guide, we must put the author's name first, followed by initials eg. if the author's name is Gordon McBride (absolutely random name I suddenly thought of!), we are to reference it as McBride, G. Then what is Paul S.N. Lee??! In the end I put Lee, P. S.N. I have to ask Wilfred about this tomorrow. They are really anal about referencing, those academics; every space and commar and period etc must be 100% correct!!

I messaged my only friend (sigh) in COM1020 the other day about the none-extension. I wonder if she has started? I haven't even seen her intro on the forum...do hope she's alright. She seems quite blur!

Project Superstar. It's become a weekly must-watch now, though I didn't watch a lot in between. I like Kelly and Junyang. Can't believe Derrick got booted! I hope Junyang works really really hard so that he will win. I like the quality of his voice, so smooth. But to look at him when he's not singing is kind of painful, because he can be so awkward. Derrick too, but he is younger and cuter, he can be like that and it will only endear him to fans more. I thought he handled himself very well when he was booted.

Once again thank God for the essay!! I actually exceeded the word limit by about 200 words, and I haven't even put in the intro and conclusion yet. I still have a bit to say, but there's no space. Wonder if this is good or bad? Maybe I just kept repeating myself and put in irrelevant info. Anyway, I emailed it to Wilfred, really pray and hope that he can and will help. My bibliography is also super short, only 5 items, and 3 of them are from the Reader! Hope this doesn't say "not well-researched". But then it's only a 1000-word essay, I can't possibly chock (is there such a word as 'chock') it full of quotes and other people's ideas, that would be utterly unoriginal and plain copying.
posted by esther @ 12:20 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1