Sunday, January 14, 2007
xP :D =)
Haha...couldn't think of a title so I decided to put cute and smiley faces. I'm transferring files to this new 60GB portable drive I bought last week! My laptop is almost stuffed to the brim with music and sermon files etc, not to mention Sim files. Bought the drive for $129. I almost bought the 6GB one for $99! Thank God I saw the other one before I paid! But then, after that I realised that there was a new branch of Challenger at White Sands and they were selling a 320GB one at $199.. -__-" Nevermind, I don't need so much memory also. :P

So...what have I been up to? Today I went to pass Netty her very belated birthday present with Halima. Only Halima was held up at the bank (pun intended, hehe) and so she changed our meeting time...meanwhile I was supposed to have lunch with Shujuan, so we went ahead with our plans. By the time we were done, Halima had to rush off, and Shujuan had Jap class, so I went to find Netty in school, and she was giving tuition to her secondary school kid there! Lol. First time I ever heard of people giving tuition in school...anyways, after that, I went to Raji's house...

Only there was some miscommunication in directions to her house. Her sister had told me how to go from Tiong Bahru, but when I messaged asking whether I needed to cross the road to take the bus, Raji replied, thinking I was coming from Harbourfront! So I ended up taking the bus from the wrong direction... -__-" In the end I had to change bus and then I got down early some more! So I had to walk a bit to find Raji. The first thing Raji said to me when we (finally) met was, "My lost sheep! I've finally found you!!" (LOL like Jesus lor)

Actually all the while I had the feeling I was taking the bus from the wrong direction but I was super sleepy and be bothered to ask the driver :P And then I thought if I wasn't supposed to take so long to arrive, Raji would call or message me, but she didn't until it was too late!

I was supposed to spend time at her house, but she was going to meet her boyfriend (eheehee) at Orchard and she asked me to come along. When we were there, she saw two gifts that people had given her and they cost $19 and $56 respectively. The $56 one is this giant penguin from her boyfriend which he named Hugsy/Hugsie (donno how to spell) -__-"

On Thursday I got lost too! I was running late for a movie with Shujuan and hopped onto this express bus. I asked the driver how long it took and he told me "One hour". I was like -__-" cos' taking a train would take the same amount of time. Besides, I'm like 1000x better at taking trains because I have not managed to get lost so far using the SMRT! And I can read on the train, whereas in a bus I can't because I'll get nauseous. But since I was on the bus already, I stayed. The driver asked me where I was going and I said Paragon, and he said I could get down at the Heeren and walk over. However, during the journey we decided to eat at Wisma instead but I didn't tell the uncle that.

So I got really bored at one point and was messaging various people about meeting up and stuff + playing a game on my handphone, and didn't realise I missed the Wisma stop! When we reached the Heeren, the uncle was like, "Eh Miss! You wanna get down or not! Heeren already leh!" And I so innocently replied, "Oh no it's ok I'm going to Wisma now." -__-"

And the uncle didn't tell me I'd missed my stop already! It was when the bus went to Suntec that it really sunk in that I had missed my stop...the uncle was kind enough to tell me that I had to get down after Suntec because it was the last stop already. In fact, he was very kind the whole time. I was the first person on the bus and he chatted with me a bit. Even told me what bus to take home etc. I wanted to thank him before getting down but was so frazzled (I was really late by then) and embarrassed I just got down after explaining to him that I had indeed missed my stop! Ah well. If I ever meet him again, I'll make sure to do so before getting down. And I won't miss my stop this time!!

So...we changed our meeting destination again to Cine, since now we didn't even have time to eat lunch. I took a bus to Somerset, but missed my stop (AGAIN) and by then it was pouring like crazy. I had no umbrella, and Cine was so near yet so far. I tried walking but was getting really wet so I decided to hail a cab again. Actually I was a bit frustrated at that point. Have you ever been such a situation? You're super late and hungry and you've already missed your stop twice in a row, it's pouring cats and dogs and you have no shelter. But I said to myself, hey wait a minute. Who am I? I'm a child of the Lord Most High! A daughter of the Lord Most High! This isn't supposed to happen to me ok!

Maybe that was what did it, but I got an empty cab really soon after that. I felt a bit bad for the cab driver cos' I was making his seat wet and all. But I think he was a believer as well, cos' the songs he was playing sounded like Hillsong songs...lol. And he was really kind to me too. When we reached Cine, he told me to just run and don't bother about closing the door because it was an auto door. You know sometimes when I take cabs, I see the "Auto Door" sticker on the door but the cabbie doesn't even bother to open or close for you? So yeah, what an adventure I had!

The movie we watched was One Last Dance, or Cha Wu in Chinese. Eh...nothing special about it. I actually thought it was trying a bit too hard to be like some arty farty movie. I like the song they play in the adverts though. :P

Yeaps so that was my week more or less...on Wednesday met up with Hannie and Lizzie for dinner at Paragon. We ate at Thai Express...the food wasn't all that great (the Marina Square one is the best I've tried so far) but the company was superb! We were actually comparing whose head was the biggest...so silly.

On another day, Jo came over to use my scanner and after that we had lunch with Sheena at Swensen's. It's been a long time since the 3 of us ate at Swensen's. They've changed their menu and it's not quite the same anymore...there was a period of time when we went to Swensen's for every birthday and even when there was no occasion to celebrate. I kind of miss those days...but oh well. I believe there are better things in our futures, separately and together!

So yes...it's been a very busy week. But there have still been pockets of time, here and there, to spend with Him and soak in His presence. I thoroughly enjoyed Bible Study this week, and I'm really glad I went, even though I missed Prison Break - but you know, no matter how hot Wentworth Miller is, or how riveting the plot is - absolutely nothing beats being in the fullness of His presence. You know how they like to compare certain experiences with, err, having sex? Well, I've never had sex before, but I am 100% sure being in His presence is infinitely better than having sex. With _____________ (insert name of person you most want to have sex with). I will confirm again after I have done the deed itself... xP But then you may have to wait a while for that to happen.

Lol okay...it must be the hour of the night (almost typed 'nut', lol), and I'm in a funny mood as you can tell. So, good night!
posted by esther @ 2:57 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:18 PM, Blogger Jacinthe86 said…

    heh, sorry babe. Did you hear her squeal?? Hehe
    I got this msg that said, Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!I love Mori!Mori!Mori!Mori!Mori!
    Did you get something similar? hehe

     
  • At 1:40 AM, Blogger esther said…

    it's ok lah..haha yeah she sent me something like that too...but by the time i reached she wasn't squealing anymore. hehe!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1