Saturday, September 30, 2006
random stuff
Yesterday, I went to the library with Shujuan to do research for the abnorm psych essay. I have to hand that up on 11 Oct along with a lab report for another psych unit. Bleah. After that it's gonna be exams from the end of Oct onwards.

But I'm really looking forward to December-!! Cannot wait to hang out with Liz and Jo and Raji again...whoopie~ Looking forward to sleepovers and shopping and all.

And Christmas!!! Nah, I don't get that "remember and celebrate the sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus" thing. Why only once a year?? Everyday is Christmas for Christians. :) It's just that it's one of those times where I get to be with friends and just enjoy ourselves because it's a special day. Haha -

Cheng Yao came with me, Sheena and Hannah to Bible Study yesterday, and we were all really blessed by the message. After that we went to have a very late dinner since all of us girls hadn't eaten. We wanted to go to Billy Bomber's but they weren't taking food orders anymore. Kenny Roger's was also closed, but Thai Express was still open! Our waitress friend Haidah was there, and as usual she gave us free dessert. So blessed :D After dinner we sat on the steps outside Marina Square and talked and ate chocolate. It's a really nice place to sit and talk at night, with the cool wind and pretty lights.

Today the aircon repair people came by again. I really like them, they're so different from the uncles that my parents usually hire to wash our aircons - so uncouth! Bleah. But the Mitsubishi people have always been polite and friendly.

Tomorrow my parents are bringing me and Sheena to eat dim sum to celebrate my birthday in advance. Hehe. I don't actually feel that turning 21 is such a big deal. Though it's a rather strange idea that I've existed on this earth for 21 years already - quite a long time, isn't it? Some people like to throw big parties and all (nothing wrong with that of course) but I'd rather just celebrate my birthday with those people who really matter to me. And some of them won't be around for my birthday this year : As for presents - well, I already have everything I need and want - it I don't yet, it's only a matter of time! Besides, this life on earth is just a holiday for me right. My real home is elsewhere. I think the big deal for me, as far as birthdays go, was turning 20 - crossing over into the two-ohs. Wonder who came up with this arbitrary number (or so it seems to me) for legal adulthood anyway?

Next Tuesday we're going to meet Tracy to celebrate her birthday. Really looking forward to that! I miss that gal. :)
posted by esther @ 5:10 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1