| Sunday, February 05, 2006 |
| random blog thingy |
Here are the instructions:
1. Grab the nearest book. 2. Open the book to page 123. 3. Find the fifth sentence. 4. Post the text of the sentence in your blog along with these instructions. 5. Don’t search around and look for the “coolest” book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.
"In our ER, the fifteen patient rooms surround three counters where the doctors and nurses sit."
From The Woman with a Worm in Her Head & Other True Stories by Pamela Nagami.
Busy preparing for exam now...not that I've been soo studious but just really preoccupied with things. So many things to think about!
CNY wasn't that bad after all. Last week we visited Bro Ed's place, which is really really nice and has a vet on the ground floor. Cool huh. We saw this dog being taken in when we arrived. It looked really sick. Poor doggie. :\ I hope it's better now...
We celebrated Eugene's 23rd birthday. He had 4 cakes, 1 of which he bought himself! Don't ask me why...haha. It was an ice cream cake from Swensen's. Bro Ed made a cheesecake and Huini made a brownie cake. We also watched Magadascar/Madagascar (I can never remember which is the right one!) and all of us in Wired Up were fixed to the sofa and the screen man. Lol. While the older adults sat at the table and chatted. I wonder if I'll grow bored of cartoons when I'm older? I can't imagine it man...
After that we went to Alvin's house, and then to Alvin & YK's grandma's house (they're cousins). There was a mass celebration for people whose birthdays were in January at Alvin's grandma's house. So that was Eugene's last cake.
Can't wait for my exam to be over so that I can celebrate Hannie's birthday! We cut cake with her today. Mocha mousse cake that I got from BreadTalk. It had this rather big chocolate cup filled with cream sitting on top. Cute! Heh. I managed to canvass $120 in funds for her present, which consisted of a $10 Ben & Jerry's voucher and $110 for her to buy shoes from U.R.S. They didn't sell vouchers so I made one myself and got everyone to sign. And made another one for her to 'redeem' next Wed when we bring her out for a day of fun. I'm so proud of myself for coming up with the 120 bucks and the cute pretty vouchers! Heheheh.
Was chatting with Sheena just now, and we both agreed that we just want peace. It seems so simple and yet it's so hard to attain! If I had peace I would stop looking at the lack in my life and be content, joyful. No more mad stirrings and wet-pillowed nights...No. Not true. I'd probably still experience these. Life was never meant to be smooth-sailing. Just that I would still feel peaceful within, and that sort of peace comes only from Him. The peace that transcends all understanding, that persists inspite of circumstances.
I like the phrase "mad stirrings and wet-pillowed nights". Why is it that creative people are often at their most creative in the throes of such?
Ok I'm just rambling away... :P
Church was good today, though. :) |
posted by esther @ 1:25 AM  |
|
|
|
|
|