| Sunday, June 19, 2005 |
|
Oh. To add to the previous post, I feel really new now! Like newborn. God showed me during that session that He could use me as long as I surrendered myself to Him, regardless of how incapable I think I am - and how true that is in reality. A new chapter of my life is starting soon. I can't wait. I must give my all this time. I know I know, I always used to think this before a new start (new school, new year, new school year etc) but somehow in the past I always slacked off. But this time is different. This time I'm going to plunge in with the mentality that this is for God. For God who has never forsaken me, who has always always loved me. I read this little article the other day about how our lives are like gospels - we're writing it day by day. I digested that and thought, wow. In the gospels of the Bible powerful things happened. And all by the might of God. If my life is like a gospel that is read by people who know me, how would I want it to be like? Certainly NOT like this! No. I want it to be even more victorious. I want my life to reflect His glory.
I have been having this feeling that everything seems to be going quite alright now - that perhaps this will be the time for my life to shine and be all that He wants it to be now. The new maid has more or less settled down. Praise God! Some of you will know the problems we've had with maids before and how it really affects my family life and my emotions as well. She's not perfect, but she seems willing. See, a lot of things are possible with a willing heart.
Anyway, I actually wanted to blog about camp. Which was absolutely fantastic. I discovered a new level of confidence and learnt that confidence is the best thing a person can wear. I had fun with the girls, we've really bonded. I got to know some of the women better too. And of course I had that mind-blowing experience with God. Ah, and I'll not forget the look on Bro Ber's face while Tommy and Sheena were attempting to take his shirt off in the sea! He looked so embarrassed and helpless...he kept saying something about the sea water getting into his eyes and how it hurt and he was being rolled around on the seabed near the shore by the two abovementioned culprits. It's not everyday that you see your leader in that sort of strange circumstances. I was too busy laughing to even stand straight.
At one point we were all standing in a line in the sea, trying to 'catch a wave'. Like jump when a wave hits you so that it doesn't go over your head. It was really fun, though not that thrilling cos' the waves weren't that big, and we dared not venture out too far.
I think this is the best camp I've had so far. Though I like last year's resort much more than this year's. Ho. =D |
posted by esther @ 11:12 PM  |
|
|
|
|
|