| Sunday, June 19, 2005 |
|
I'm on a blogging spree!! I just have so much to say.
You know how sometimes you look at couples and feel envious/jealous? But then you never stop to think what goes into maintaining a good relationship and what personal problems they may have individually and as a couple. You don't stop to think about what they may be thinking inside. If you knew some of that maybe you'd be happy being single. So often we judge by appearances alone.
I used to be like that. But in recent years I've come to understand the struggles a couple has to go through, and I thank God that I am still a swinging single and no one has even come knocking to tempt me (though there're certainly times when I wonder about the second point and whether it means - horror of horrors - that there's something wrong with me!).
I was looking through some old pictures last night and realised that I used to look - well, like a boy! when I was in CGS. Thank God, along the years I've changed. I guess you can say I'm a late bloomer. I'm keeping that photo to show my husband so that he can thank God that I no longer look like that! And no, I'm not putting it up online!
I'm looking forward to dating and all that. But the next time anyone comes and says that he likes me, he better make sure he knows what he wants to achieve by telling me that and just what he wants with me - is he serious, does he want to work toward marriage, or does he not know? Yes, if I like him too I might already have melted into a puddle by then, but I'll not tell him immediately that I feel the same about him. I'll have to make sure that he knows what he wants first. Otherwise, I don't see the point of wasting my time effort emotions and money building a relationship with someone when I'm going to be disappointed with someone who doesn't know what he wants with me. Do I sound very utilitarian? As I've observed, a man who goes into a relationship not knowing what he wants usually ends up being a heartbreaker. Not intentionally, of course, but the girl is often the one getting hurt. Not to mention that it also means a fair bit of trouble for the guy. Boundaries are very very important.
Of course just because he knows what he wants (or he thinks he knows), doesn't guarantee that we will end up happily married with children and be buried side by side. But a girl has a right to protect her heart, and we should exercise that right! Sometimes we need to be practical and wise too, and not be led around by our emotions. As much as we may like the guy in question. |
posted by esther @ 11:34 PM  |
|
|
|
|
|