Saturday, February 19, 2005
first encounter with racism
In Switzerland I got my first taste of racism. Was looking at this menu outside a restaurant with my mom when suddenly these kids run past and throw something at my mom's feet. She quickly pulled me away, and we watched as the little silver bag swelled up slowly and exploded and after a while this bad egg smell reached our noses. Sulphur dioxide. Mom scolded this group of kids who came in from outside. The biggest, a boy, denied it and looked very irritated. I think she scolded the wrong kids, because later when we were outside these kids came towards us and were saying something we didn't understand and laughing. If I knew their language, I'd scold them too. It makes me a little riled up just to write this, but oh well. They're children. They don't understand.

Actually in Italy too, Rome, there were these kids who were quite naughty when my dad was trying to take a photo for me and Mom. I think they were there on a school trips.

Oh well. Hopefully when they grow up they don't become that sort of people.
posted by esther @ 6:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1