Saturday, January 22, 2005
spilled polish
Found a blob of clear sticky stuff on my table just now; turned out to be nail polish. The bottle had fallen out and the stuff and gradually leaked out.

What to blog about? Various things I wanted to blog about throughout the week, but I can't remember them now.

Went jogging just now and there were these underaged Malay guys smoking.

Sigh.

Lol. I was just thinking how annoying the TV is when Dad turned down the volume.

Have not been blogging, because a couple of weeks ago during Bible study I said that I want to make better use of my time after work. If I go online, I usually end up spending too much time here and in the end I'm too tired to do quiet time, which only serves to make me snappy and irritable the next day (I am so not an early morning person), which makes my parents snappy and irritated as well and nobody's happy and they're not seeing the fruit of the Spirit in me, which leads to feelings of guilt and helplessless, and the vicious cycle goes on. And on. And on. You get the idea.

Even earlier than that, I said that I want to go jogging to improve my stamina so that I can sing better despite jumping a lot during praise songs, instead of being too breathless to sing. I intend to do all these things, and have been using my evenings to do all these things. Which means less blogging, less TV, more time with Him, more reading, more sleep and altogether a healthier me in all aspects. Yay.

I find myself craving a lot of 'me-time'. Maybe it's being in the office everyday with people. I don't know. I just need a lot of time to myself despite being an only child. I hope I don't lose that when I get married and have kids. Which reminds me of a recent entry of a friend's. She was talking about considering the financial stability your partner should be able to provide, as well as your own, because you don't want to be a parasite do you?

I seriously do think about those things. I think now I understand what prompted someone I know to say that he doesn't want to be attached until he has a stable career and all that, which for him is quite a few years away and he'd be quite old by then. I was really quite puzzled then, why wait so long? Now I think I understand...no point dating if you're not gonna get married, and if you're gonna get married, you've got to be able to provide for each other, not to mention children.

Cripes. If I go by this it means I'll have to wait quite long too. As much as the idea of being a tai tai is appealing, I want to be a self-made one, not everything use my husband's money. xP

What a practical world we live in. Ah well. I'm glad I have God - at least I know that no matter how as long as I cling to Him I'll be fine. More than fine.

Watching all these shows on TV during the day while I'm packing (it's constantly on), I'm grateful that I'll never have to worry about whether I'm pregant, whose child it is if I'm pregnant, whether I should let him kiss me or kiss him first and the consequences of it all, because I'm not doing any of these things until I'm married. Not that dating or even marriage is going to be easy still, but aren't things a whole lot more simplified this way. You can concentrate on the relationship and the emotional and spiritual intimacy without getting it all tangled with sexual intimacy.

Time to sleep. =)
posted by esther @ 11:30 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At 1:38 AM, Blogger "s0n|c'C@libr3,, said…

    nice insights :)

    Relationship matters to me are complicated and indeed they need alot of time and attention. Hehe

    Take care and rock on!

    Btw wad church r u in?

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger esther said…

    I'm from the River of Living Waters Church! Bear this name in mind...next time we'll be HUGE! ;D Can I have a good amen. Hahaha. :P

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    [url=http://wimewsan.com/ajzi/qpjh.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://nnvyicqt.com/kcnt/hbkk.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

  • At 12:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice site!
    http://wimewsan.com/ajzi/qpjh.html | http://kgsqrydz.com/otcs/ofrs.html

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1