| Saturday, January 15, 2005 |
| i like jogging at night :) |
The weather's always so cool. And yes, less people to see me panting and gasping and wheezing away. : P
Jogging early in the morning at 6 plus is great too, only I won't be able to wake up.
I had a revelation the other day, and for the next few days I was so exuberantly happy. You know how when people, especially girls are in love (with or without the ""), they smile to themselves a lot? That's been me for the past few days. Only in my case it's not over any male human bean. Well, He was a male human bean for 33 years or so. He came down from heaven just to be with me! That I can walk with Him, talk to Him, tell Him everything in my heart, is such a blessing.
Anyway, the revelation. I recently read Shadowmancer. It's like a parable of a spiritual battle. There's Satan and there's God, only under different names. In the end, Satan lost. He was the one who had deceived Himself into thinking that he could win. Many bad things happened to the characters. They feared, they questioned, they doubted. Yet God spoke, healed, provided, empowered. Saved the day.
Was thinking about all this one night, plus this thing that Pastor Prince said at bible study a couple of weeks ago, that really struck: Satan has lost. He is not going to lose, he has already lost.
I always had this concept that he was going to, but not yet.
Pastor Prince also said this other thing that my pastor's said before too: When Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!
Suddenly I recalled the verse from Chronicles that says, "The battle is not yours." I read the story during my exams, but at that time did not really understand this bit. How is the battle not mine when I'm the one who has to study and practice and memorise and tackle the questions? Sure, He'll give me strength and wisdom and knowledge, which He has, but still...
Then I realised: The battle is not mine, because it was won 2005 years ago when Jesus died and resurrected. Satan already lost the battle then. All he is doing now is delusional and smacks of madness; he is a fatally wounded snake that viciously bites back, only to die in the end. He is dying, dying, gone.
That was such liberation! It means I don't have to worry about anything. Not my studies, my parents, my unsaved friends, my cares, my future. It means I don't need to be 'good' because He has made me good. It means I don't have to worry about where I'm going to go after I die. By dint of undeserved grace, I have been set free from bondage and a meaningless life.
What a beatiful One I love! |
posted by esther @ 10:51 PM  |
|
|
|