Friday, June 11, 2004
Langkawi Day One
The much awaited sequel to "Back from Langkawi!!"
Err, yeah, right.


Tuesday, June 1

Met in church with luggage. Went to Sheena and Jo's house first so that we could take a cab down together with PT who lives nearby. It started raining cats and dogs ("and monkeys and donkeys" - Sheena) soon after I left the house, and thank God for the cab that arrived so quickly. I had a joyful reunion with Angel, Sheena and Jo's dog, for I'd not been to their house in ages. I love that dog. She's like a little soft toy. =) Sure, she's a bit of a spoilt brat, being quite literally the baby of the family (Jo calls her Baby and she responds to that too), but you can't help but love her. ^-^

Anyway, at church. Everyone's assembled and the bus is here, but the driver is in a bad mood (there was some miscommunication about the timing and he'd arrived half an hour early) and refuses to drive into the carpark to get us. He even shouts at Pastor Stephen, most probably not knowing that he's our pastor, and/or not caring. So we carry out luggage out to the bus. I don't know where we stopped, or how many times; we spent about 10 hours on it. At the various checkpoints, though, they told me I had to change the photo on my passport. Whatever. There was this lady who was wearing a badge that said, "Service with a smile" but her face was so black and not a trace of a smile on her face. None of them were friendly to us, not like when I was recently in NZ. Anyway. They almost didn't let little Rachel (She and her brother are the god-children of our pastors and they call them Uncle Daddy and Auntie Mommy, which is kind of weird but cute.) in because they said her photo did not resemble her. But Pastor can be assertive and firm, even aggressive, when he needs to be, and the matter was settled. They even wanted to tax us for our translation headphones, but that didn't happen either. Thank God. =)

While waiting for the ferry, Pastor Stephen and Pastor Monica sat on their luggage and talked (they're married). I thought it was so sweet that I had to snap a picture of them from the back. They were literally sitting in a sea of luggage; ours. Too bad Alvin’s also in the photo near them, in some kind of Sir Stamford Raffles pose.

I shan't talk about the stops we made for toilet and food breaks. The toilets were dirty, but well, not much dirtier than the worse in SG. The flushing system was bad though, and I gave up flushing towards the end. Besides, I didn't want to touch the handles...there was this one with brown stains on it. The scenery through the bus window at night is like watching a black and white silent movie. Very calm, peaceful and beautiful. There was me, Sheena, Jessie, PT and Alvin trying to memorise our lyrics for our back-up singing duties in the dark, as we were sitting in the back, and the very last light was busted. Anyhow, the lights were turned off soon after we started the journey. I was rather touched when Tommy lent me his handphone which had a very bright backlight when he saw me trying to read lyrics with my Samsung blue backlight, which was bright enough but pathetic compared to his. Hannie said this about Tommy, and I think it's very true - he's actually very concerned about people but he doesn't really want to show it. Hard outside and soft inside. He told me that he hates kids, but a few times I've seen him helping them.

We watched Shrek 2 (pirated VCD) but I couldn't really see or hear anything from where I was, and it was dubbed in Chinese which sounded really spastic. Especially Donkey. I gave up and thought, ah nevermind, I'll watch it in the cinema. Shrek is one of my favourite movies, by the way.
posted by esther @ 7:33 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1