| Wednesday, March 03, 2004 |
|
Not That You'd Care, But...
I went on a crazy shopping spree today and then went to the library and borrowed 5 books:
--Arty Cats - "The true story of how cats have shaped the course of art over the centuries. Who would have known...that the Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile was the therapeutic result of stroking a sleeping tabby?"
I love cats, I like art. Full stop.
--This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Just had to read it after reading the 'sort-of-parallel' book Save Me the Waltz by his then-crazy wife Zelda.
--Ann Frank Remembered by Miep Gies
Miep was one of the people who helped Anne Frank and the others in hiding while they were, er, in hiding, and she was the one who found the diary and kept it unread till she could pass it back to Anne's father after the war. How can I not read this after reading Anne's Diary? There was an biography too, but I guess that'd have to wait...and a compilation of children's diaries during WW2 too...
--Understanding the Holocaust: An Introduction - "What is the holocaust? Were Hitler and his executioners swadistic psychopaths? Were ordinary Germans morally culpable for murdering millions of innocent victims?"
Some kind of introduction...it's 200 over pages! Recently watched Hitler: The Rise of Evil you see....and read Anne's diary...so yeap. Call it self-enrichment, then. Thank God only ONE gruesome photo inside....I have no stomach for those. I had a nightmare about a thin, emaciated corpse after reasearching about Hitler on the Net...=( It was gross.
--Marilyn for Beginners
Monroe, of course. Err, it's more like a graphic novel...just thought it was interesting lah, got cartoon...haha. Of course it absolutely sheds no light on the mystery surrounding her death and her personality. Hey, someone once said I looked like her when I got my hair curled for prom ok....only he said the wrong name, but he meant Monroe. Heheheh. =P
So much for all that!!
|
posted by esther @ 2:03 AM  |
|
|
|