Friday, March 05, 2004
I Must Be Brave!

Anne Frank wrote, on January 30, 1944, about what happened during an air raid or something of the sort (I can't remember):

My fear vanished. I looked up at the sky and trusted in God.


And then again on April 11, 1944, when some had already given up on hope:

Be brave! Let's remember our duty and perform it without complaint. God has never deserted our people.


What a brave child. Someone who was very important to me used to say that I am really very brave, but often I look at myself and find myself weak. Where did Anne find that extraordinary strength, courage, faith and hope? She had not grown up in hard times; on the contrary she was brought up very comfortably and loved by everyone. I've had a rougher time growing up than her - at least the early years - and yet, when confronted with things far less threatening than war, I find myself quite unequipped to handle it all...but then God says I have great strength in Him when I rely on Him instead of my own understanding. Yes, Anne was brave because she put her faith in God and His goodness despite everything going on around her. She hoped and trusted and believed in His promises when there was nothing else to count on.

Yes, I must be brave, remember my duty and perform it without complaint, for God has never deserted me. He was always there. I must look to the sky and trust in God, for if I don't, I have nothing left. So many answers I still don't know, but there's no question, He loves me so, so I believe, trust and follow Him. I don't know about tomorrow, but I know who holds my hand. =)
posted by esther @ 12:41 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1