| Wednesday, November 19, 2003 |
|
Love, Love, Love
Whoa. It's like super late now cos' my friend called...well still have so much to blog but I think I'll just leave you with this for now:
A Love Song to My Lord
I love the way You wake me
With golden waves of light that seep through the curtains
Sometimes with noisy storms and angry swollen skies
But it does not matter;
It all sings of You majesty
I love the way You serenade me
With the pretty song of little black birds and sparrows
And bursts of little field flowers amidst the green grass
From the lowest to the highest
Everything sings of Your beauty
Even as I write
Your golden light caresses my hand and face
Warming me, bringing me to life
Enshrouded in Your glory
Time has stopped
And this is where I want to be
Until the end of time
My Lord You have opened my eyes
A fool I was, and unworthy too
How can I not love You?
What do I tell my heart?
I love the way you love me
Before anyone knew or cared about my existence
You had known me from head to toe from inside out
And when I sullied Your work and steeped myself in sin
All You did was send Your Son to show Your love
And love, and love, and love
[end]
It came this morning. Sunshine materialised in my thoughts, thoughts poured out into poetry, poetry danced itself into a song. =)
(Boy, I like my language today! =P)
And if you're wondering, yes, the "How can I not love You?..." bit was taken from Joy Enriquez's song called, duh, How Can I Not Love You. There isn't really any male figure in my life I could relate this song to, and if there are (I think I can think of some), it's not in a sad way as in Enriquez's song (only those 2 lines lah). Which is good. ^_^
Funny how me and my best friend both wrote a song to God today. Telepathy?? Haha. |
posted by esther @ 3:28 AM  |
|
|
|