| Wednesday, November 19, 2003 |
|
I Ate Humble Pie
When I read the book of Job further. I have to say, I was really impressed, when, inflicted with sores by the devil, he said, "Though He slay me, yet I will trust Him." It takes great courage and faith to say something like that. I have to clarify, though, that it wasn't really God who was 'slaying' Job; it was the devil. God merely allowed the devil to harm Job as a test of his faith. I hope I'm not wrong, but I think Job had the mistaken idea that God was doing all those bad things to him. God doesn't do anything that does not come from love. =)
Anyhow, I read further, and Job had had enough. He let himself slip down the dark valley of depression, and launched on long, sad sololiquys about how wretched he was and how almighty God would not help him, etc, and refused to listen to his friends. That was really humbling, that an upright, faithful man like Job can stumble like that. Yes, I can identify with him. There have been times where I just felt like moping and asking God, why, why, and refusing to listen to God. It's like asking your dad to fix your spoilt toy, refusing to let go of it and crying why aren't you fixing my toy?! And then He says, "How can I, child, when you won't let go of it?"
Yes. It was humbling indeed. And God rocks my world!!!! *grin* |
posted by esther @ 1:45 AM  |
|
|
|