| Friday, October 03, 2003 |
|
Today we had our second last chapel, with Mr Victor I-Don't-Know-About-Tomorrow Wee. Haha. I really like that song...I don't know about tomorrow, I just live from day to day, something something something, many things about tomorrow, I don't seem to understand, I don't know about tomorrow, but I know who holds my hand... =) God.
Here's a poem I wrote during the period of preparation (or trying to prepare... =P) for Prelims? Or was it BT2? I think it was BT2. Anyway:
Taking it one day at a time,
I trust in You.
Sometimes I waver, sometimes I stumble,
But You are always there,
The only rock I can cling to.
Your hands are wrapped
Around mune, and entwined too.
I can't feel it physically.
But my soul knows it,
And I can say with confidence,
That come what may,
I have only You,
And You, and You, and You.
My God, my Lord, my Saviour, my King, my Father, my Friend, my Groom, Lover and Keeper of my soul, my portion, deliverer, my shelter, my strong tower, my very present help in time of need.
Now that I've typed it out, I realise it's a bit like the song...but when I wrote it I don't think I was thinking of the song.
Anyway, this chapel was like for the Christian students. Well, the leading of the worship wasn't very good lah, cos' the singer wasn't loud enough and stuff...but it was still really cool. Really nice to hear so many people singing along with me to the Lord, and know that at some point of their lives, God touched them. Perhaps some of them were backsliding or some have not attended church for some time or are only Sunday Christians, but still, they were there today.
Mr Wee gave a message about grace: forgiving the inexcusable in others. Which reminded me of my thing with my best friend...Oh sigh. I know my hurt pride is standing in the way. Also, she sort of insulted my friends, and I absolutely cannot stand it when people insult my friends. She sort of insinuated that my friends were not real friends, and that she was, because she cared enough to "prick with the truth". What the heck lor. I also got the idea that she was saying she made a better friend than me.
I think I should email her or something...my birthday is coming soon. Don't wanna spend it being mad at my best friend still...argh. She does mean a lot to me. Every time I have problems with her I get really affected...I remember once this year, when, so absorbed in my thoughts about the problem with her then, that I broke a test tube during Chem practical...oh sigh.
Have not SMSed her since Tuesday. 3 suns have set since then. This is bad. And I feel so hypocritic lor. Someone who has a healthy, personal relationship with God shouldn't be acting in this manner...if I can't forgive her how can I expect God to forgive me for all the wrong I've done to Him? =< And what right would I have to speak of God's grace and love, if I can't find it in myself to overcome my pride to sort things out with someone so dear...
|
posted by esther @ 12:11 AM  |
|
|
|