| Monday, October 30, 2006 |
| Free Hugs Campaign |
This brought tears to my eyes the first time I watched it!
All the Same by Sick Puppies
I don't mind where you come from As long as you come to me I don't like illusions I can't see Them clearly
I don't care no I wouldn't dare To fix the twist in you You've shown me eventually What you'll do
I don't mind... I don't care... As long as you're here
Go ahead tell me you'll leave again You'll just come back running Holding your scarred heart in hand It's all the same And I'll take you for who you are If you take me for everything Do it all over again It's all the same
Hours slide and days go by Till you decide to come And in between it always seems too long All of a sudden
And I have the skill, yeah I have the will To breathe you in while I can However long you stay Is all that I am
I don't mind... I don't care... As long as you're here
Go ahead tell me you'll leave again You'll just come back running Holding your scarred heart in hand It's all the same And I'll take you for who you are If you take me for everything Do it all over again It's always the same
Wrong or right Black or white If I close my eyes It's all the same
In my life The compromise I close my eyes It's all the same
Go ahead say it you're leaving You'll just come back running Holding your scarred heart in hand It's all the same And I'll take you for who you are If you take me for everything Do it all over again It's all the same
I like the line in the song that says "I'll take you for what you are" and "Wrong or right/ Black or white/ If I close my eyes/ It's all the same". It's what I believe in too. See, I used to see the world in black and white. Until I almost lost my best friend because of some disagreement. It caused me to begin to realise that my point of view wasn't the only right one in this world, that many people have different points of view and that they aren't necessarily right or wrong. I began to really try to put myself in others' shoes and it's helped me to understand why people do certain things, how they sometimes don't mean to hurt intentionally. It's become easier to accept and love and forgive. Sometimes it doesn't work as well because I simply can't imagine why.
But I know one thing now: We are all human, and in our humanity we are all the same. I don't mean that Christians are the same as non-Christians or that Asians are the same as Caucasians or whatever. I know that we all make mistakes, but that God loves every single one of us. Saint or sinner, black or white or yellow or brown or blue (believe it or not, there are people who have blue skin due to something in their blood - I forgot what)!
Sometimes I pass by strangers and I wonder, "What's their story?" No, I'm not immune to judging others. I just feel that people shouldn't be boxed in by their colour, nationality, career, sexual orientation, gender, or even psychological condition. Not that these things aren't important as a part of identity. People should be taken and loved the way they are - the way God loves them. A person ought to be loved at every stage of his (I shall omit "his/her" here because it just looks stupid) life, no matter what he has or has not done, or who he is. Why? Because he is human. And he is alive. A person ought to be loved whether he is right or wrong - I believe that only in the freedom of non-judgement can people truly transform miraculously. A person ought to have someone who has faith in them no matter what state they are in.
I can say this now because I now live in freedom. I'm really thankful that I've had people in my life, apart from my Abba Father, who have loved and believed in me when I wasn't worthy of their love or didn't feel the least bit loveable, and didn't have faith in myself.
Anyways! Had my first exam today. I overslept and rushed to the venue in a cab - actually I was kinda worried there'd be a jam or I wouldn't find a cab but I prayed and so got a cab within minutes of going downstairs and it reached the place really fast too! I actually missed out two chapters and only realised minutes before the exam. Shujuan lent me her notes (thanks girl :]) but I barely read them too. Anyway, I was thinking, oh, heck it! He is my safety net. He doesn't make promises for nothing. So I have no need to worry. :)
After the paper me, Shujuan, and Luke went to Coffeebean for breakfast...at 3:30 PM. Lol. That's because they serve breakfast all day, and both me and Shu felt like eating breakfast food. I lurrrve all kinds of (Western) breakfast food. Eggs (scrambled, hard-boiled, soft-boiled, sunny side up - I love them all!), ham, sausages, pancakes, toast, and whatever else people serve up for brekkies. We were looking at their pictures and their sets looked pretty small, so we ordered an extra set of waffles. Overall it wasn't very nice (I think my scrambled eggs are nicer) but it did satisfy my craving. The sausages came kind of wrinkled and dry too. [Cue dirty jokes]
Thanks to Shujuan again for your presents. Thanks once again to everyone who gave me something or wished me happy birthday! I'll try to post some pictures up, but I'm really very vain and I don't look very good in some of them xP
HUG HUUUGGGG!!!!
(Ok, I'm hyper! Hohoho. It is the joy of the Lord!)
(I wonder what shampoo the guy in the vid uses. His hair looks so shiny and nice. :D) |
posted by esther @ 11:17 PM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
-
don't we love youtube? :) haha u're welcome for the notes and presents! glad u liked them.. oh and we can go to citilink for breakfast after our paper on thurs!!
-
haha okie hopefully it's nicer than the coffeebean one!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
a lovely video :)
sweet.