| Tuesday, July 18, 2006 |
| What I did this holidays... |
Watched 2 movies, respectively, Superman and Pirates of the Carribean. We sat in the wrong seats at first cos' the cinema was so dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your face! The ads were still playing then though. Then I had to go to the loo in the middle of Superman because I had diarrhea that day! And when I came back and sat in another seat, the guy beside me was giving a running commentary to his girlfriend who couldn't stop sniffing very loudly at the touching parts. I found it quite amusing, actually.
Pirates was a blast - very very funny, and Johnny Depp rocks my socks. (Of course just about every female on Planet Earth is in love with him.) It would have been worth paying $9.50 just for that performance with the stick and various tropical fruits. I thought that was the most hilarious part!
Worked at my mom's shop for 2 weeks and 2 days, today being the last day. Unlike previous years when I had to pack stuff and serve customers (sales is SO not my thing), this time I did database entry, and I tell you, it's so tiring sitting in front of a computer repetitively clicking and entering things (I know this may sound ironic). The sheer tedium of it made me feel drowsy almost immediately just about every time I sat in front of the comp! Haha. But I'm quite proud of myself cos' I managed to do a lot. It's a big load off my mom's back too, because she only learnt to use the computer recently.
Also met Halima on one of the days to play pool (she taught me but I've forgotten a lot of things now :P) and play at the neighbouring arcade. It was so fun! And that arcade is still using the ticket system. We both went away with 11 lollipops - cleared out about half of theirs! Lol. Gee, I still haven't eaten a single one of them leh.
Speaking of arcades, I've been spending quite a bit of time in them this past few months, shooting zombies, criminals and dinosaurs, mostly with Sheena. We actually finished House of Dead 2 and Jurassic Park! Wahaha. Recently we discovered this super cheena game where the characters say funny things like "Fei long zai tian!" (literally, Flying dragon in the sky!) everytime they make a hit. Fun fun fun~
(You don't wanna know how much I've spent though :X)
Also did some shopping here and there with Shu and Hannah, and we celebrated Shu's birthday at Marche's. It was supposed to be a surprise, but of course, we couldn't fool her. Jojo's still the easiest to bluff! Hehehe.
Speaking of which, I miss eating at Swensen's with Jo. And shopping with Liz. And the good ol' days when Bro Ber was still around and I used to be his backup singer.
Well, there've been other things that I've been doing, of course, but I'm not gonna blog about them yet. Suffice to say that a big, big change has happened in my life. I've prayed about it and God gave me the go-ahead, so I have peace with my decision. And I am only growing closer and closer to Him day and day.
Also got my results, and I got 2 Ds, 1 HD. Thank God. I've realised that my results have been getting better even though the materials are getting harder. Do you know, I used to worry that maybe I was only doing well because it was just the beginning! But God has proven Himself faithful at every turn - I have never really been as hardworking and smart as I wanted to be. In a perfect universe, I would be able to score full marks with my eyes closed or have the discipline and willpower to only sleep 2 hours a day and be mugging for the rest of the time. As it is, I don't have a sky-high IQ score (though I like where I am in the overall spectrum =P), nor incredible discipline (like some people I know). Yet I've only gotten one credit mark since the very beginning, and it was for my first Comms essay; the rest have all been distinctions and above! Say what you may - that I've finally found my niche, that I'm smart, or hardworking...but I know myself and I will say this - it is undeserved grace that is my reward.
And so, in conclusion, I've had a really fulfilling and fruitful holidays. And I am looking forward to school again!
P.S. I think I'm gonna move soon, in light of this new start I've gotten! :D |
posted by esther @ 10:27 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
do u know how long i've waited for this post!?!? haha at least u had stuff to do at the shop.. i'm like super bored la! go out with me!! anyways congrats on your (expected) good results haha :) and yes i can't wait for school to start too!
-
finally, finally she is back and posting, waiting for this post people can grow really old.hahah.im going to school tmr but i wanna nua instead, muz wake up early again. but cant wait either haha
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
do u know how long i've waited for this post!?!? haha at least u had stuff to do at the shop.. i'm like super bored la! go out with me!! anyways congrats on your (expected) good results haha :) and yes i can't wait for school to start too!