| Sunday, July 23, 2006 |
| Captains and mermaids |
The men don't get it.
The phenomenon that is Jack Sparrow, that is, as can only be played by the brilliant, and very exotic-looking, very handsome Johnny Depp. Altogether now girls...*swoon* Obviously he can never in a million years be ideal husband material, but we don't really care do we? The devil-may-care attitude, the swagger, the unintentionally sidesplitting antics. Strangely the pretty black eyeshadow and OTT effeminate manners do nothing to dilute his masculinity. He's dangerous, exciting, funny, endearing...baaad.
Three people (female of course) on my MSN list actually have Depp/Sparrow in their nicks! Hahaha...
Anyway, I wasn't going to blog about this. Just an impulse. I just wanted to say that I've been feeling recently like Ariel the Little Mermaid (Disney version), who never knew how wonderful life could be until she caught a glimpse of her Prince, who lost her voice temporarily in her search for him, who almost lost her freedom and even her life to forces of darkness, but of course was saved by her ever faithful Prince, with whom, yes (and amen), they live happily ever after. (I love metaphors and similes and allegories...)
All things are possible, yes and amen! |
posted by esther @ 11:07 PM  |
|
|
|