Saturday, June 24, 2006
Sometimes you don't have to pay :)
Went shopping with Shu today...we were in this shop called Rastafari at Marina Square looking at bracelets. I tried one on, and when I took it off I pulled a bit too hard and

SNAP!

All the beads went flying.

I went, "Oh shit!! I broke their bracelet!! How ah? Do I need to pay for it??" and Shu said, "I donno..." (So helpful - hahaha kidding!!)

So I went to talk to the shop assistant.

"Sorry ah, I broke your bracelet, do I need to pay for it?"

He looked sheepishly at me for a while (I wonder why! I should be the embarrassed one) and said, "I donno, I'll go and ask," and left with the broken bracelet.

We mulled around a long time wondering why he hadn't got back to us. I was looking at the shop owner when I suddenly realised that she was a customer of my mom's (they're everywhere). She smiled at me a bit sheepishly too. Maybe she recognised me.

Finally I went to talk to the shop assistant again.

"'Scuse me, just now that bracelet right, how ah?"

"Oh, we string it back again."

"But do I have to -"

"No need, no need."

So I said thanks and we paid for our items and left. And all the while they were very smiley and all. That was really nice of them man. :)

Gracious is the word. I'm not sure they were Christians, but at that moment they acted just like Jesus did - which was not to hold my wrongdoing against me, but to take it and make it whole again, without me having to pay the price I really deserve to pay.
posted by esther @ 12:59 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger miss X said…

    I broke a hairband in 7 eleven once, i was going to pay but they said its ok..

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger esther said…

    haha that's nice of them :)

     
  • At 11:56 PM, Blogger -shujuan- said…

    what did u expect me to say?!? i was trying to see if any one else saw but den again that's not very right.. so i really didnt know!

     
  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger esther said…

    hahaha i was kidding about the 'so helpful' bit lah...actually i also thought of that but then that guy was standing there looking at us!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1