Saturday, March 04, 2006
Bible study was really fun today, and it was great that we had a game and praise and worship. I like that Bro Ed doesn't just stick to the 'textbook' to get his point across.

Had my first lesson today. I like my new teacher. She challenged us to think, which I liked. I mean, I'm really not hard to please. As long as the teacher fulfills the curriculum and I understand most of what she says, I'm satisfied. But I have been in classes where teachers do more than that, where I've been challenged to think. Like my Sec 4 Lit. class and my GP class in JC. Whilst I've never been the sort to speak out a lot in class, I loved those classes. Especially my GP class. I was in a Band 1 class (those people who got A1 for English 'O's) and our tutor worked very differently from other classes. No silly worksheets, we did most of our work in class. And there was much stimulating discussion, a lot of fun. I didn't enjoy the academic part of JC life so much then. It was GP that really made my days. Everyone else I knew (except my classmates) dreaded GP lessons, but I always looked forward to them. Of course it helped that I regularly did well for assignments! In fact, I was known as a "GP goddess/queen" to my JC friends...haha.

It's really great to be doing something you like and that you're good at.

This is a thought-provoking clip -
http://christianunplugged.com/church_movie.htm
posted by esther @ 11:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1