| Monday, January 16, 2006 |
| Finally done with Sniffy! |
Finally done with Sniffy, thanks to Shujuan who sent me her trained rat. I haven't given up with training mine, though. I WILL make it one day! Muahaha.
Here's a parting shot of dear Sniffy eating (I think he is sooo cute when he's eating. Or rather nibbling, haha!):
 [Click to see bigger picture]
At the bottom is the graph showing his lever-presses. Which is quite crazy if you look at it. It just presses almost non-stop! Every slope = 75 presses. I'm sure no ordinary normal rat could do that. And the funny thing is, Sniffy doesn't poop! Haha! He must have a bottomless stomach or something to eat so many Sniffyhead-sized pellets (the pellet is the same size as his head) without dying from exhaustion/exploding.
Btw, every dash on the slope represents each time the behavior (lever-pressing) is being reinforced (food appears). If you look carefully at the far right of the graph, there are increases in lever-presses but no dashes (ie. no food appearing). This is because I took that screenshot when I had just put him on a partial-reinforcement schedule (variable interval schedule with food on average after every 10 seconds), where he only gets food after a variable average of 10 seconds, no matter how many times he presses the lever. Ok not like you really needed to know that, haha.
One thing interesting I've noticed, though, is how we (students) all project ideas and feelings onto Sniffy when he's really just a computer program and not a real living rat. We talk to Sniffy as if he can hear us. We say things like, "He looks confused," and "Stupid rat!" which doesn't make sense because Sniffy cannot possibly have feelings of confusion or be stupid because Sniffy is only a computer program. Strange, eh?
It's a bit like how sometimes I talk to Angel (Sheena's dog) and I say silly things like "Why are you looking at me Angel?" while the dog just stares at me curiously.
A digression: I like playing this game with Angel, which I start by slapping my hands onto the floor in front of her. She would then try to 'beat' my hand(s) with her paw(s). Sometimes I would push her away and she would come scrambling back. Or we would engage in chasing sessions. Which is all very fun. I think she looks very cute, the way she beats down her little paw(s) on the floor. =)
An issue that I found vaguely troubling has been settled! I'm so glad. Thank You God! I've prayed about it, even dreamt about it and the wonderful thing is what I dreamt about came true. Thank God! =DDD |
posted by esther @ 4:16 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
aloha hahaha no tag board so i tag here ;) -halima-
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
aloha
hahaha
no tag board so i tag here ;)
-halima-