Thursday, November 03, 2005
stimulating conversation
I met Luke with Steph today. Luke is my classmate while Steph is a JC friend of mine who stumbled across Luke in Friendster. Actually it all started out with her sending him a message telling him weird, stalker-ly stuff like, I am your secret admirer! I think you are so cute etc etc. But it was all for fun, she wasn't that interested in him, and we both were waiting to see what sort of response Luke would have.

Anyhow, it ended up with us meeting up today. We talked about Catholicism and Christianity. Both Steph and Luke are Catholic, and as you all should know, I'm Christian. To cut a long story short, it was very stimulating conversation. I'm not bothered with people criticising Christianity, neither am I anti-Catholic. To be honest I don't quite know what to think about them. I do feel that some of them honestly sincerely love God. But I can't agree with some of their practices - probably the same way some (like Luke) can't agree with some of our practices. I'd like to say more but it's a bit personal...so yeah.

An aside: We were at Pacific Coffee, and bumped into Xiaomei (Jojo) and Daryl studying there. I like Pacific Coffee, I think it was Bizhu who brought me there for the first time. I've so many memories of being there - studying with Bro Ber, talking with Sheena, meeting up with Jaryl...and the steamed milk. I love the steamed milk. Coffee and sometimes even tea makes me nauseous, no idea why. So I stay away even from coffee, which is a bit of a pity, but I don't think I'm missing out much. Have steamed milk will do. (Luke: "Cow juice!")

Anyway, I enjoyed myself immensely. I found myself being more able to express my thoughts and opinions, being more spontaneous. I like! Glad that I could talk about those things with them. :) I think I am better at communicating now, thank God for that.

It's nice to get to know new people. =)
posted by esther @ 2:13 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmm.. teehehee.. so wazzup wid the steamed milk? Nice meh!?... lol.. i quite dislike it, so i'm totally opposite of u bah, unlike u, I'm a coffee adict, C.D says "hello, nice to meet you" to S.M ^^

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger esther said…

    ha...so young already addicted to coffee? who is C.D and S.M??

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1