| Tuesday, November 08, 2005 |
| she had me at hello |
I've been helping out at my mom's since last Friday, because my mom came back from a business trip unwell (shall not go into details here) and had to be entered into hospital...she's quite alright though, I'm sure she'll be well soon.
Helping out again feels different now. I just realised this morning that school starts next week!! I had been thinking that I had another week. Mom will probably be in hospital till earliest tomorrow, and even when she's out I'll have to be down there to help, the shop can't do with only my Dad there. Even with 2 of us it gets crazy, people asking questions left and right.
Had this been earlier in the year I'd probably be feeling angry and bitter that once again, my holidays were being 'stolen' from me. But I don't. I don't even mind helping until Friday if I really have to. I'm glad Mom has had an opportunity to rest while in the hospital - something she sorely needs. I'd be tired of course, have been so for the last few days. And of course I'd rather be free and able to go out and have fun. There're things I need to get done as well - getting a new pair of glasses, new shoes (mine are all worn out now), keep away my JC books to make way for uni ones, get broadband etc etc. Yes, I'm STILL using 56K dial-up! My connection has been acting really weird of late. It disconnects me every night once, almost without fail. So much so that I joked to a friend that it has become my "daily online ritual".
Anyway, with regard to the curious title of this post. Yesterday, near closing time, this customer came in. She came straight up to me and asked me something, I forget what now. I was almost immediately startled by her beauty - everything about her seemed lovely at first sight. Long, straight, shiny black hair, alabaster skin, rose-tinted cheeks, a delicate mouth. You know how some girls don't have fancy features like very big eyes or very long lashes, or full lips, but their features are so symmetrically arranged that they are so pretty? She was one of those girls.
She was very friendly and cute, all effervescent about how pretty the crystals were. She asked me for my name so she could address me properly. I couldn't help noticing, too, how nicely turned her ankles were. She was like this perfect little doll. She looked Eurasian, like a mixture of Japanese and Caucasian with some Chinese sprinkled in. After a while I realised that her eyebrows looked a little funny, as if unplucked. This only made her more endearing. She looked in her early twenties. I liked her the moment she spoke, and I think this is very rare. She wasn't a wholesale customer, because she only made stuff for her friends (I asked), but she wasn't in the least bit rude. Many retail customers try to haggle about the price and complain on and on about how expensive things are, and when you don't let them buy the amount that they want or give them the price they want, they start being really unreasonable. She wasn't like that at all.
I think I could be friends with her, she seemed so nice and friendly. I wanted to ask for her contact number but thought it might be weird. But I hope she comes back while I'm still helping out!
Haha, in case you're wondering, I'm NOT lesbian. When I was younger I had little crushes on 2 girls (who looked like guys then) in my secondary school. Now I still like looking at pretty girls - who doesn't???? I think girls are so much nicer to look at than guys, even extremely gorgeous guys. I could look at a pretty girl like Avril (that's her name xP) all day, I think. O.O
The other day a male friend said, "All women are bisexual." I think he was quite right.
I suddenly remember something a friend said, about how when you get to uni you have to reconfigure your idea of faith. I think I'm in that position now, which is very interesting - what if God telling me through this? Whatever it is, I'm convinced I've found the One for me and I'm never letting go. |
posted by esther @ 10:54 PM  |
|
| 6 Comments: |
-
i think i was that one. it usually gets wobbly, very questionable, but comes out stronger and ultimately, after a while, it kinda feels unshakable: )
-S.
-
i love looking at girls too, that's why i keep getting distracted everytime i study in school :)
It's just something about the way girls move, or the way they dress. Each girl is different, and they are beautiful in different ways too - some are pretty, very sweet, sexy, or they look like the typical singaporean girl.
I love looking at those who are beautiful. They don't put on makeup, nor dress up, nor wear accessories, but they are still beautiful. I think those are the rarest of all, aren't they :)
kah ming
-
ash: haha err, your story is quite funny. lol.
km: YES! i agree with you on the last part. the girl in this post dressed very simply and had no make-up on, but she looked so beautiful to me. very clean and nice. but i like girls who dress up too, and i like to admire their dress sense. haha. i just like looking at girls, period. i think in school i get distracted by both girls AND guys (you know who xP)...but somehow i can manage to concentrate after all...so thank God!!! haha.
-
i like to look at girls too! Or rather, i almost onli have girls to look at in my school (-.-) But anyway, here it seems that there are as many cute/charismatic guys as pretty/cute girls. Cos they all come from all sorts of diff countries bah... guys and gals both equally nice to ogle at.. lol ^^
-
wow, 4 comments? and quite long ones at that! my posts really seem to attract so many and such long comments. lisse: the part about different countries...yep, the races in my school are quite diverse too. as are the customers who come to my mom's, though the majority of them are female.
-
lols =) i was known as a les by sum sickening senior. HAHAS. ai ya. dere's nth wrong lookin at gurls. WE STARE AT PASTOR MONICA ALMOST EVERY WEEKENDS FOR CHOIR PRACTICE. -_-" hahahas
okkays lah. i'm here jus to promote my blog to u =)) HAHAHAS. i dying for one. so i secretly created one =))
http://jieqis- footprints.blogspot.com/
i created one nicer der. den i forgot the username. see. how forgetful m i =))
blahblah... i'm bored =)
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
i think i was that one.
it usually gets wobbly, very questionable, but comes out stronger and ultimately, after a while, it kinda feels unshakable: )
-S.