| Sunday, November 13, 2005 |
| i have been 'rebond' - pardon the corny english!! |

The picture speaks for itself.
Actually, I did this over a week ago, I think it was a Tuesday. It cost me a lot. But thanks to Sheena's generosity, I had to pay quite a lot less. =X I think I'm very blessed to have Sheena as a sister, really.
Took this pic last week when the enrollment coordinator asked me to bring down one passport sized picture for my student ID card. But I already have a card, I told her. She said they might need to make another one since I'm only now 'officially' enrolling for the full course. By that time I was out of the house and in the office, and all my passport sized photos were at home. So I rushed down to this instant photo machine at People's Park Centre. I took 2 sets, because in the first, I forgot to pull back the blue curtain to get a white background. -__-" As you can see this came from the first set. It was the last pic in the set, so I fooled around a bit. The other pictures are not very flattering so I shan't put them up. And to be honest I tinkered around with the lighting and colours on my PC. :P
The pictures cost me 12 bucks. And guess what, when I got there, they said that they didn't need the pictures after all...bleargh.
I think some of my friends will be surprised that I actually rebonded my hair. I was quite anti-rebonding a few years ago - but then I was also anti-dye-hair, anti-contact lenses...I felt that doing things like that to yourself was a waste of money and and only pure vanity. But over the years, I gradually ate my words and got contact lenses before I entered JC. Now I've rebonded my hair...I'm not doing any dye job yet because of the $$$ issue and also because I don't think it'd suit me - anyway, I have naturally brownish-red hair. The guy who did my hair asked me if I'd dyed my hair before. (Plus my mom objected to it when I asked her one day, just for fun :P) When I did this I was really wanting a change of hairstyle - I think the next time I decide to do this again, I'll have my hair permed. Though I think that will be a very long time from now, because of $$$ again.
These days I seldom wear contacts because my eyes get dry very easily. Well ok, also because specs help cover my perma-eye rings...I'm going to get a new pair of specs soon anyway. Can't wait!
I want to take neoprints with someone while this lasts. I don't think the rebonding will last very long because I've got very little and very layered hair. Already it has started returning to its original wavy form, especially at the ends. I like how it looks like now actually, I look like I have naturally straight hair. The best thing about this rebonding job is that I no longer have to blow my hair and use wax and whatnot to make my hair neat.
Since I took this pic, I've changed my parting (I think it looks nicer now) and my hair has gained more value and curl.
Actually, I probably sound crazy - but when I saw that my hair was beginning to curl again despite the rebonding, I was thinking, "Go hair!!" As some of my readers may know I like the way my hair is so stubbornly curly. I think it has character. I'll always be the girl with the curly untamed all-over-the-place mass of hair. :) |
posted by esther @ 9:53 PM  |
|
| 6 Comments: |
-
hihi both of you, thanks for the compliments! :)
-
well done! so much for our fights about image. Heh.
-S
-
nope S isn't Sheena... S is for Secret. sshhhh. haha!
-
yay u changed the parting so we wun b twins anymore. and yeah i was anti contacts, anti rebond, anti dye...i ate the words myself too...and i think i just might highlight my hair..for fun...i think ur rebonding looks really natural...maybe u should try using some chemical/cream to maintain it...i think should have something like that out there...i'm using this straighthair treatment clay for pppl who rebonded their hair...dun ask me why...i like it cuz its got a fruity smell n putting clay on the hair sounds fun...it didnt really do much straightening to my hair since i didnt rebond. try it...its fun
geez theres an ASH on ur blog too...pika has so many friends...lol
-
adrielle: what clay is that?? can recommend me??? i'd like to maintain this for as long as possible. cos' it was SOO expensive!!! mine is a soft rebond, and the hairstylist told me that it would curl at the ends because i have very little and light hair...wait i think i said all this in my post already. that's why it looks natural!
ash is a girl though, i think the ash on your blog is a guy??
anyway i think even with the same parting we won't look like twins lah hahaha!
putting clay on the hair sounds fun. LOL.
ash: dont' be lazy lah!!!!! remember what you told me that day??
-
Well done on a nice blog Blogger. I was searching for information on novelty contact lenses and came across your post i have been 'rebond' - pardon the corny english!! - not quite what I was looking for related to novelty contact lenses but very interesting all the same!
We're all getting ready for Christmas and it will soon be another year. I hope to be completing my studies in opthalmology in 2006 which includes a thesis on upcoming contact lens technology and improved eye health. I'm also planning to take a course on the excima laser, which should be fun.
If you do have a moment, please take a look at my new site on: Contact Lens Reviews .
A merry Christmas to you and yours! Amon
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
|
hihi both of you, thanks for the compliments! :)