| Saturday, August 20, 2005 |
| He said it was a good essay! ;D |
"Hi QingYing, Your conclusion belongs to the analytical category, which is one of the best kind of conclusion. there are of course those conclusion that just list out what was said or those that try very hard to link with the concepts mentioned. the frazzled mother example is a good comparison. work hard and keep it this way and i'm sure you will make it through this module. I must again emphasize that what i agree does not mean what the marker agrees or want. anyway, as far as i am concern, it is a good essay (having gone through your final draft) keep it up regards Wilfred"
Yep yep yep. I wanted to blog about this soon as I got the email, but it was late and I've been busy the rest of the week till now! Was so happy when I first got it, I was jumping around in my room. Though, as he said, it really all depends on the marker. But I thought he felt my essay was just mediocre ("no serious faults", "acceptable"), and heck, I didn't wanna pass up a mediocre essay that would only earn me a Pass!
I was actually hoping that he would say something like "Wow! Your essay is brilliant!" etc etc. I have to say, it's a humbling experience. I'm humbled by the material and these whole new worlds of knowledge I'm discovering. I feel like I'm in some academic wonderland. Yes, for once in many years, I really, really, really like what I'm studying. Look, I'm even waxing lyrical about it! Haha.
I went to the new LCK Reference Library on Wed after submitting my essay. I think it rocks because there're all this tables in front of ceiling-to-floor glass walls, and there's so much natural light streaming in. And there's this corridor that connects one part of the building to another, only it's on the 13th floor, so you're kinda like walking in the air. So high tech! There are tons of books there and a friendly librarian who taught me how to resize the pages in the photocopying room. At first I was a little annoyed cos' he kept insisting this particular machine still had paper when I thought it said 'Load Paper'. Hmm. I suppose I was just using it wrongly.
I found this book "40 Experiments that Changed Psychology", and it was so fascinating. It had the usual Pavlov's dog [link] experiments, the Milgram one [link], and many I've never heard of before, but very fascinating as well. It just struck me that while I was reading something related to my studies, I didn't find it boring but very interesting. After that I went to photocopy some of my favourites and others to read later. Pity I can't borrow the book!
I wrote this whole block about some of the experiments I find really interesting, but it's kinda late and I've got to sleep, so maybe another time! ;D
(I arbitrarily picked any website for the links, since there're so many. For more info you're gonna have to search online or in the library :D) |
posted by esther @ 11:43 PM  |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
hee nice!!
The conditional and unconditional stimulus experiment is pretty interesting. So is the reaction of the crowd to approve the electric shock of the actor.
Gratz on yr good work in yr essay. ;) I wished i had the great language skills u had :)
-
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
hee nice!!
The conditional and unconditional stimulus experiment is pretty interesting. So is the reaction of the crowd to approve the electric shock of the actor.
Gratz on yr good work in yr essay. ;) I wished i had the great language skills u had :)