| Tuesday, October 05, 2004 |
| V for Victory |
I have been online for way too long! :P After this, I must go and bathe.
Exams are just round the corner. I have many fears. I have many doubts. I have definitely not studied enough; give me yet another year and I will still not have studied enough, I think. I can never study enough. I know this lack of faith is an insult to Him, which makes me feel even worse. It's so hard to see, sometimes.
BUT.
I am placing it all in His hands. He will see me through. Victory awaits me.
I have to freeze the fear, freeze my insecurities, freeze the distractions. Slide them away. Focus on the prize. Would you believe me if I said God told me this, through this book called The Silence of the Lambs, which I devoured (no pun intended) in one night, unable to put it down because it was so gripping. After my exams are over I am going to borrow the rest in the Hannibal series.
I went to the Macdonald's at White Sands to study today. After I'd been there for about an hour or so, a member of the staff came and asked me if I was going to have my meal there. I said no, and he suggested that perhaps I could buy a drink as they had customer feedback that there were not enough seats. I said ok, I would. I thought of leaving the place right after, but I was almost at the end of a chapter, was feeling a little hungry and besides, his attitude had been so good, I might as well let them earn some money. (Not that they NEED it, of course.) In the end I bought nuggets. You rarely get such good manners from people in the service industry here. It was my fault for occupying two tables and not buying anything from them, and yet he had been so polite and nice. I am humbled. |
posted by esther @ 7:58 PM  |
|
|
|