| Friday, September 03, 2004 |
| Leaps of Faith |
I have been learning some things that are very exciting and that I want to share but I shan't till after next week's Bible study. Heehee.
Called W. yesterday; that was a leap of faith. As my friends will know I hardly call anybody anymore and I'm more of a 'writing' rather than 'talking' person. I communicate better in text than in spoken words.
And besides, I have to call his house because he'd lost his handphone (again!) and he has a girlfriend and I find it a little funny calling a guy's house like that. His sister, who sounded very soft and whispery, answered the phone, and I asked for him. Was waiting for Dad to come pick me up at Raffles Place then.
He shared quite a bit. Boy sounds really confused and lost about pretty much everything. Sigh. Reminds me of someone (well a few someones) I know. I miss the kind of godly fellowship we used to have. It's just different now. Given his circumstances it's understandable that he should have so many doubts...but still? I've been in circumstances before where I felt that my world was crashing down all around me and that there was no hope, but I still clung on for dear life to God because I know if I don't, I have nothing left. Is it the age difference again? It's just one year!
Ah well. All in His timing.
It was a leap of faith to invite him for Friday too. As far as I can remember I've only invited people verbally three times (including this one). In two-plus years! It is so easy to hide behind SMS and all, to stay where I'm comfortable.
It was another big leap of faith to ask if I could pray for him. I'd wanted to the whole time we were talking. Actually, I was surprised when I heard myself asking, "Can I pray for you?" It wasn't me; it was Jesus. My parents were not helping by nagging me to put down the phone (We were in the car - they must have thought I was just talking nonsense..ah well), and neither was the Starhub network, cutting us off at one point. But when I was praying, none of that happened! And somehow I found the courage to pray things that were hard to say. Like to pray that God would bring him back one day. Even quoting scripture. I say this again: it wasn't me!
He just kept very silent throughout. Then he told me that he wouldn't be going. I was disappointed. But well. At least I took those leaps of faith. And every time I take a leap of faith, it's another nail in the enemy's coffin. =) Praise God. |
posted by esther @ 1:36 PM  |
|
|
|
|
|