| Saturday, August 07, 2004 |
| Flyers, Anyone? |
I bumped into Lydia today after tuition. Went to Tampines Mall, intending to get new shoes, but the NETS card was spoilt. Felt very insecure walking around with a spoilt NETS card and not enough cash to buy new shoes. : P In any case I shouldn't be used to carrying around a big sum of ready cash and feeling insecure if I don't have "enough". Bleah. God has already blessed me so abundantly in this area. Why feel insecure??
Anyway, as I walked out, I saw this very familiar looking person. We must have stood there staring at each other in disbelief for a few seconds before I went, "LYDIAAAA!!!" Lol. She was my GP classmate and we used to draw silly doodles on each other's papers and not pay attention. xP It was really nice seeing her again; she looked good. First time seeing her out of SAJC uniform.
I must have missed her on her way in, since her shift was from 12 to 2 PM. But I’m glad I didn’t on the way out! Haha. Stayed with her till her shift’s end, and helped her give out flyers too. It was interesting. You notice things you usually won’t, like how this guy put up his hand in a gesture of refusal, but it was kind of effeminate. Lydia was saying, "Got so much time to make funny gesture no time to take one piece of paper!" Lol. And a lot of people just rush past looking cranky. Gosh, I hope I don’t look like that when I walk around in public! I shall make an effort to smile more and be nicer to people who give out flyers and people doing flag day. I am reluctant to say the same for Prudential and AIA people though. I've been so hassled already I dread the thought of approaching the MRT station where they lurk, ready to pounce with their "one-minute questionaires" and "plans". Bleah.
There were these jokers who, having gotten the same flyer from someone before us, handed it back to me, and started laughing like crazy like it was the biggest joke in the world. It was actually kind of rude, but well. I didn't really get annoyed. I was only there for barely half an hour; had I stayed longer I’d have gotten really grouchy. Lydia said that after being there for a few hours her smile becomes a grimace. Lol. And that she was glad she met me because she was so bored, she had gone into the stage of talking to the flyers already. There were lots of other people giving out flyers, including this M1 fella with a billboard and this Long John Silver's guy. They seems to be some kind of camraderie between people giving out flyers. Maybe because of their "common plight". Lol.
Ran into two incidents of kids throwing tantrums in public today, and started wondering how I would react if my kid(s) did this. I hope my kid(s) is/are not the kind who throws tantrums in public. The balance between loving and spoiling! |
posted by esther @ 11:25 PM  |
|
|
|