Thursday, June 17, 2004
The Difference of a Year
A year ago, I was still "madly in love", "head over heels in love" - whatever you can think of, with a certain someone that some of you will know the true identity of. To cut a long story short, it was all one-sided. I did tell him, eventually, after the feelings died out. He was not a particularly close friend, though I wished he was, and till today, I guess he's still an enigma to me. Mysterious.

To quote from the movie Never Been Kissed, "that one guy you get up and go to school for, the one with the mysterious confidence that every girl falls for, school wouldn't have been the same without him...I wouldn't have been the same without him". Yep, that just about sums it up. Not every girl fell for him, though. Not that perfect. He was popular, nice, sporty, funny, tall, cute, smart, had a million dollar smile (Ok thoes of you who know who he is and think otherwise, you can stop retching now xP). I wouldn't have been the same without him, because the whole experience taught me a lot.

Oh. I've forgotten to say why I'm suddenly talking about him...because I got a reminder from ICQ that his is only a few days away, and the memories came flooding back. Actually, they're never really far away, since it wasn't so long ago, really. And how do I feel about it now? I don't know. Nostalgic. A little wistful, a little sad. I did like him a lot. Last year I got him a present that cost a substantial portion of a week's allowance - and I have absolutely no regrets. The year before he'd given me a present that cost roughly the same (I went to the store and checked xP).

I'm still sending him a birthday card. By email. =)

He wasn't that perfect, really. Sometimes he grined at nobody and nothing in particular, which is kinda weird, though at that time this goofiness endured him to me. And he wasn't insincere, but he gave me the feeling that the real him was hidden behind his smiles, as if he wanted to show everyone that he was always happy, even though nobody on earth is, ever.

But he has a great smile. I loved his smile.
posted by esther @ 2:04 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1