| Wednesday, March 01, 2006 |
| Children |
"Sheila had always been a curious mix of tiger and lamb, fierce and spirited on one hand, frightened and vulnerable on the other."
Except from The Tiger's Child, by Torey Hayden.
This single line in the book touched me so much. I think probably only one other person would understand why!
Torey Hayden's stories are amazing. That little children, placed in such bleak situations, can possess such deep wells of strength! Love really goes a long way, even coming in imperfect forms from imperfect individuals.
I would love to talk about the stories but I think you really ought to read the books yourselves. When I read them my heart opens up. These kids live in totally different worlds from my (comparatively) sheltered, sanitised, pampered existence. And yet they are so brave, even without realising it. I think we all have much to learn from little children.
If you liked Dave Pelzer's stories you'll be sure to like these too. |
posted by esther @ 5:53 PM  |
|
|
|