| Thursday, January 01, 2004 |
|
Happy New Year!!!!
Couldn't access the page to blog this morning (as in very early morning) but here I am again! Hope everyone had a good day today. My New Year's Eve and New Year's Day were absolutely beautiful. Well there were sobering moments though, such as when I went to a friend's friend's father's wake, and today when I went to Expo for the Body Worlds Exhibit. Herewith an excerpt from my journal today - boy, I'm getting personal, am I not? Nah, just lazy to type!:
"It was intense. After so long of staring at naked, exposed bodies, it all starts to look the same anyhow. I would be more interested to know how the person (now a specimen) died and lived. Still, everything is so intricate. How could people not believe that we were all created by a Wisdom far surpassing ours?? Saw a child specimen and felt sad. Had a weird urge to touch his naked skull. Died so young. There was a young boy in a red shirt, who was about the same size as the child. He stood and looked at it quietly for a while, then tentatively touched its skull with a finger. I wonder what he was thinking. Then there were the fetuses, even a pregnant woman. She had a smoker’s lung. I hoped she wasn’t smoking when she was pregnant. We were there for about 2 hours plus, and it was really tiring; so much information to absorb. There was a man who looked like an abstract work by Picasso, and another ringed in sections. Yet another sliced vertically into 14 pieces; that was an old, fat man. You could see about half his face and imagine what he looked like when he died. He had many silver/gold teeth. The scientists were very creative indeed, the way they cut up the specimens. There were a few with their muscles separated and splayed out; like a flower, I thought. Blooming muscles. There was a colt, which was absolutely beautiful. I don’t know why I thought that, it was a young horse, dead and skinned. But the musculature was beautiful, the proud posture of the horse. I still think so. I wonder how the poor thing died. On the top of its head down to the tail was pelt of hair, which even though looked like it belonged to it, looked like it was attached later."
Last night, as I took a cab home with Sheena, "the moon was so beautiful, a white, bright half-moon, hanging in the black velvet of the night, dripping light all over." Yes, that was another excerpt. I don't know where that language came from; must be God lah. He's the best poet in the universe. His poetry? Look at yourself. Look at the trees [Yes, planted by the 'gah-men' (that's 'government' for you)as my friend's friend (whose dad passed away)] would say, but nonetheless], look at the flowers. Tell me that is not the best poetry in the world. Tell me that is not the best work of art! Listen to the sparrows, those little flitting, hopping things, who sing without effort, and tell me that is not beautiful music. Is not even the crow a miracle, for as ugly as it is, God feeds it?
"When I said happy new year to Sheena, she was asleep. Woke up though. Said happy new year to the cabbie as I got off. He was a quiet, softspoken man. It was that magical, romantic hour, what with the moon dripping light and all, and it was like the world is my oyster, I’m young, alive, so alive."
And you know what? I absolutely love, adore my church people, all of 'em and not just the youth. The children, aunties, uncles, pastors. Many a time have I sat in the midst of the youth in some fast food restaurant, tired but content, marveling at how content I am, at these people, my sisters and my brothers, who do irritate me from time to time, as with everyone in one's life (Isn't that true?), but whom I love so. Once I did this survey (being the junkie that I am) and this question went: Who would you trust your life with? And each person I thought of belonged to my church. The love of God binds us. =) "Sometimes, when I think of what I’ve got, my heart feels so full it like it’s gonna burst." And sometimes I look at the people around me, and think, Who are these people? But that's only cos' I'm marveling that they're in my life in the first place. Dropped from heaven, you know, literally. =)
"When we left [Expo], the moon was still in the sky. Working OT, my mom said. It was already there when we left the house at 2 something. Wow. As I was wondering why the moon had been shining for so long today, I suddenly realized: the moon is ALWAYS shining. It’s just a matter of whether we can see it or not." Like God.
Ok, I think that's enough sap for you and me for one day...haha! |
posted by esther @ 10:26 PM  |
|
|
|