Sunday, November 09, 2003
The One with the Praying Mantis and the Xperience
(Yeap, I'm gonna have titles for my entries from now on...)

Hello. I have Math Paper 1 tomorrow, and this blog is supposed to be down, but I just find this so amusing I have to share it. Last night, Dad found a praying mantis on our metal gate. About 7, 8 cm in length, green. It had 2 brown spots on its back to imitate dry leaves...anyway, I never liked praying mantises much, for the fact that the female devours its mate during copulation. Eww. *makes a face* But this one was really amusing...being the photog buff I took like 10 pics of it. My camera has got like a triple flash, and after one of those 3-in-one flashes it looked abruptly away as if blinded..so funny! It's got this funny triangle shaped head. 'Nyway, after that my dad put it on a leaf on one of our potted plants...it was quite a production trying to get the silly thing off the metal frame cos' it just wouldn't let go. Anyway, it's been on the plant ever since. It's scared of us already, lol. After the ordeal we put it through last night. Now when you approach the plant, it starts inching away slowly all the while looking at you apprehensively...and then peep at you from its perch. I hope it's not starving. I can't believe I actually like this praying mantis. We always get visitors at our house...lots of those brown/gold beetles that I like, once a really big one about 3.5 cm in length who committed suicide by flying up to the lights in the living room and staying there. Ew. Occasionally flying ants, which I don't like. Oh, you know what, I like lizards! They eat harmful bugs, why not. Once one fell on my head, so lousy, sticky pads on its feet not working?? Lol. Last time there was this particularly obnoxious one that went shitting all over the house...had to clean up after it. Once we had a kitten mewing outside our door, I fed it. Wanted so much to keep it. =( I've never seen a praying mantis in real life before though. Praying mantis..is God trying to tell me something, haha. Well, prayer is good. =)

Praise and worship was a real experience today...it was like, woah! I was astounded by the glory of God. I just had to kneel. We sang this song that talked about what we would do when we finally stand before God...would we dance before Jesus, or stand in awe? Would we sing hallelujah, or be too overwhelmed to say anything? Gee. I think I'd do all of that plus cry (if saints in heaven have tears) and hug Him, if I can. Prostrate before Him and worship. Hmm. Who knows. I'd put up my favourite "portrait" (in inverted commas cos' no one knows what He looks like) of Jesus if I knew how to...I know like zilch about HTML. After exams. After exams.
posted by esther @ 6:56 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1