Sunday, November 23, 2003
Blow the Horn!
*cringe* That was corny.

Oh, everybody should watch Hornblower on Central...they show it really late these days on Saturdays (though I'm not sure whether it's every week) cos' it's an "encore" programme, which basically = an excuse to rebroadcast a programme to fill up the timeslots. Although Hornblower definitely deserves an encore, and more than one at that. Superb plot and all. Although I think it's rather violent, given its setting which is some war...(All wars are the same to girls - except maybe history students? - well, sorta - like all black tops are the same to guys unless one is long-sleeved and the other is short sleeved.) But anyway, I have to admit that I watch Hornblower for...the man. Horatio Hornblower, with his messy curly brown hair, etc etc, and the way he is so ingenious and etc and yet flawed. *Melt*. A rather innocent, even naive, young man thrust into the role of an adult...looked down upon by hoity toity elder men who are, in the very bottom of their hearts, actually just afraid that he will overtake them.

I want to get the Hornblower books by C.S. Forrester to read!! Oh, and Horatio is played by Ioan Gruffudd, who is simply gorgeous. And I respect this man. The actor, that is. For his loyalty to his roots (he is Welsh) and the fact that he openly acknowledges he believes in God. However, his version of Christianity is kinda warped I have to say...he believes that premarital sex is alright between two parties who really love each other and other stuff...still, he's a whole lot 'cleaner' and a much better than a lot of the celebrities these days...and therefore I respect him, but not idolize. No one can replace Jesus's place in my heart now...I remember when I used to go chasing after Jimmy Lin (this actor(?)-singer(?) - lol I am a meanie...). Well, he was the only celeb I chased after lah. But I used to have posters in my room, so many. Backstreet Boys, 911, Hanson, Spice Girls...oh man so cheesy. Those days are *waaaaaaaay* behind me now.
posted by esther @ 3:31 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 

light a candle; help our children

STAND UP: america's education crisis

campaign for real beauty

free hugs campaign

About Me
Previous Post
Archives
Search
Friends
Other Cool Blogs
Psych Related Stuff
Links
Credits
Affiliates

15n41n1